Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xinclude processing.

Dave Pawson wrote:

>>This will turn on XInclude support in Xerces. The only pitfall is that
>>the latest official release 2.6.2 uses old XInclude namespace (2003). If
>>you want to use correct (2001) XInclude namespace you should grab
>>development version of Xerces from:
>>
>>http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public-jars/xml-xerces2/
>

> Thanks Jirka.
>
> So... That would then parse the 'included' sections too?
>   I need to do some more thinking.

By the time the XML input file gets to the XSLT script, it's all in
memory as one large tree, regardless of what physical files it started
as.  XSLT knows not of the separate files (give or take an xml:base
attribute that can get annoying if you're relying on directory
structures <g>).

> (I guess I'll wait until Xerces catches up.. Wonder why they changed the
> namespace?)

I don't know why, but it's been well over a year since the last official
stable of Xerces.  I was hesitant, too, but eventually just broke down
and used a recent nightly with the correct namespace, and have had no
problems.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it
to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."  -- Thomas Jefferson