Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Missing navigational links with XHTML chunking

Hi Jens,
It turns out that there are several things going on here.

1. This is all an issue with fast chunking.  The regular chunking
stylesheets for both HTML and XHTML work ok.

2.  Setting the chunk.fast parameter to 1 is not how fast chunking is to be
done.  I thought so, and that is what my book says.  But further
investigation shows that fast chunking is done by using the chunkfast.xsl
stylesheet customization included with the distribution, instead of the
chunk.xsl stylesheet.  That customization fixes up the headers and footers,
among other things.  So I need to fix my book, and you need to put use
chunkfast.xsl in your xsl:import statements in your customizations.

I should have suspected something when I noticed that there was no reference
page for the chunk.fast parameter.  It's not really meant to be used as a
user-interface parameter.

3.  The missing "Up" seems to be a feature.  8^)
When the node for Up is the same as the node for Home, then only the Home
link is shown.  In your document, that is the case for all the generated
chunks.  In a more complex document, the Up link should work.

Let me know if this doesn't fix the problems you are seeing.

DocBook Consulting