Subject: PDF output -- too many blank lines after section titles

Hello DocBook users,

In my PDF output, I have removed the default title in order to simply
use a <sect1> title, as shown below.

I have 2 problems which I can not resolve:

a.  An additional blank line (so, now there is twice as much whitespace
as compared to other section titles) is inserted between the title (ie.
"References") and the first entry.

b. The PDf "bookmarks" has the References as a drop down menu.  The
drop down menu contains only a single entry, however, and that entry is
"References" as well.  This is not very elegant.

Please take a look at :

http://dev.wormbook.org/sample_wntsignal/wnt_signal.pdf

Here is my customization layer:

<!-- Remove default bibliography title, and just use section title -
BEGIN -->
<xsl:template name="bibliography.titlepage">
</xsl:template>
<!-- Remove default bibliography title, and just use section title -
END -->

DocBook XML :

	<sect1>
		<title>References</title>
     &Wnt_Refs;
</sect1>

** and the &Wnt_Refs looks like :

<bibliography>
     <title>References</title>
     <bibliomixed id="Ref49">
         <bibliomisc>Austin, J. and Kenyon, C. (1994). .....

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,        Tristan
---
Tristan J. Fiedler