Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Vertical alignment of text in header

It sounds like you need to increased the page.margin.top parameter.  See the
diagram on this page:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintOutput.html#TopBotMargins

When you increased the region.before.extent, you just increased the bottom
of the header area, and that effect did not show.

The header.content.properties attribute set is applied to the block within
the region-before.  A block is only as big as its content, so the color does
not cover the entire region-before.  You would have to customize the
page-master to apply the color to the whole region-before.

You could also experiment with padding-top and padding-bottom attributes in
header.content.properties.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Andreas Lalloo" <andreas.lalloo@appmind.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:03 AM

Hello!

I have a customization layer which for FO output (to PDF via XEP) gives
a header on each page with the default text (chapter title) on a
coloured background.

  <xsl:param name="header.rule" select="0"></xsl:param>

  <xsl:attribute-set name="header.content.properties">
    <xsl:attribute name="background-color">#fdb913</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="color">#ffffff</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:attribute-set>

A similar footer looks nice, but the text in the header has a vertical
position making it almost touch the top, leaving too much space under
it. I would like it to be centered, or possibly with more space above
than below. How would I go about to do that?

I tried to increase the total size of the coloured header area by
increasing region.before.extent (as described in
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintHeaders.html) but that parameter
does not seem to have any effect whatsoever. XSL 1.68.1 used.

  /Andreas