Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Web-based help from Docbook

> Yes, I'm certain that very many people would be happy to have
> a crossplatform, browser based help system with at least a
> toc and search pane (index pane would be nice too) without
> using RoboHelp.

I have used one open, browser-based, help system in the past.  It's
OmniHelp (https://sourceforge.net/projects/omnihelp/).  OmniHelp is
entirely HTML and JavaScript, provides TOC, index, and search, and is
very easy to customize with CSS.

The content for OmniHelp is only generated by Mif2Go at the present but
I believe the intent of the project is that other input routes such as
DocBook could be developed.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Back when I used Framemaker, I found OmniHelp to be a good solution to
this issue.  I wonder what it would take to get DocBook content into
OmniHelp.

Peter Desjardins
SupplyScape Corporation
617-453-5760 x441