Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] using qandaentry

You're tickling a bug in FOP that has bitten many of us.  I get around it by
running a preprocessing step that maps the qanda tags to something else:

<xsl:template match="qandaset">
  <xsl:apply-templates
select="qandadiv/qandaentry/question|qandaentry/question"/>
  <xsl:apply-templates
select="qandadiv/qandaentry/answer|qandaentry/answer"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="question">
  <para>Question <xsl:number count="qandaentry" from="qandaset"
level="any"/>:</para>
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="answer">
  <para>Answer <xsl:number count="qandaentry" from="qandaset"
level="any"/>:</para>
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

This pulls out all the questions, followed by all the answers.
(In my application, I don't want each answer to be immediately visible below
it's question.)

The numbering is done as it is to cause exercise numbering to reset for each
chapter.