Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XIncludes with relative paths (libxml + WinXP).

    Michael> Georges Schmitz <georges.schmitz@heitec.de> writes:
    >> xmllint.exe --noent --valid --recover --xinclude -o
    >> resolved.xml "file:///D:/BAZL/doc/de/ml/ml-main.xml"

    Michael> If you are trying to feed xmllint a URI containing a
    Michael> colon character, all bets are off.

    Michael> RFC 1630 says that colon characters are not allowed in
    Michael> URIs. So a URI containing a colon is not an RFC-compliant
    Michael> URI.

The current RFC for URIs is 3986.
Colon IS allowed, in most position, within a URI.

In particular, it is a valid pchar (I refer to the production names in
Appendix A), which means it is valid as a segment (but not in a
segment-nz-nc).

The above URI parses as scheme file, authority is empty (canonical
equivalent of localhost for the file scheme), and so the production
for the rest of the URI is

The path-ab-empty production is:

path-abempty  = *( "/" segment )

so this URI is valid (the first segment is D:).
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire