Subject: Re: where does my id go?

> * Bob Stayton <obof@fntruvyy.arg> [2005-06-15 16:04:47 -0700]:
>
> Well, you can write an XSL stylesheet with <xsl:output method="text"/>
> to get CSV output.  The stylesheet is used to process the targets
> database document directly.  Starting with the root element, you use
> xsl:apply-templates to descend through the document.  Then you write a
> template with match="div|obj" that writes the value of @targetpr, then
> a comma, then the value of @href.  This simple stylesheet assumes you
> aren't using a sitemap to structure your HTML output.  If so, then the
> stylesheet has to handle the sitemap's dir elements as part of the
> href path as well.

the following:

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="text"/>
<xsl:template match="div|obj">
 <xsl:value-of select="@targetpr"/>,<xsl:value-of select="@href"/>
 <xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

is bad for 2 reasons:

1. output goes to the stdout, not some file.
   how do I redirect output?

2. all text is printed, not just what I want.
   I guess I need a lot of <xsl:template match="???"/>
   for all elements except for "div" and "obj"...

thanks a lot for your help!

<http://www.memri.org/> <http://www.mideasttruth.com/>
<http://ffii.org/> <http://www.honestreporting.com> <http://www.iris.org.il>