Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] insert blank line in paragraph

Hi Tristan,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 10:06:48AM -0400, Tristan Fiedler wrote:

> I am using mediaobject since in TDG, the description matches our
> needs, which are to include movies and images (jpg format usually).
> Our project requires images with text above a/o below, and the
> <imageobject> combined with <caption> has worked well.

It's certainly up to you, but why don't you wrap the 'mediaobject' in
a 'figure' or 'informalfigure' (if you don't want a title)?  In the
fragment you posted, it just looked like you really wanted it to be a
figure, but were doing everything but marking it up as one.  Using
either 'figure' or 'informalfigure' would have the useful side effect
of allowing you to add some space below the 'mediaobject' just by
using the appropriate parameters, neatly avoiding the 'literallayout'
hack.  But, it's up to you.  :-)

--
Paul.

w  http://logicsquad.net/