Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] * formal.xsl: Fixed dbfo keep-together PI for tables.

Hi Tristan,
I'm not sure I understand the description of what you are trying to do.

> I simply want to remove all the huge blank space between
> "rows" as the table spans several pages, and push the whole thing
> together, with the appropriate header on each page.

You are getting huge blank spaces between table rows?  That doesn't
sound right.  And "push the
whole thing together" means the table, or each row?

Regardless, it sounds like what you want is a
keep-together.within-page="always"
on each fo:table-row in your output.  You can do that by customizing the
template with match="row" from fo/table.xsl.  Just add the property to
the fo:table-row element.

DocBook Consulting