Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] olink styling

Yes, I had same problem.  I think I use xrefstyle="select: docname" or I
would if I was using docbook 4.3.  As I'm using 4.2 I also have to set:

<xsl:param name="use.role.as.xrefstyle" select="1"/>

and then use the "role" attribute.

Good to hear a fix is coming.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: 28 June 2005 05:13
To: Andreas Lalloo; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: tim@enigmatec.net

Hi Andreas,
You are not alone.  This issue came up in April with someone trying to do
the same thing.  The conclusion was that there should be a special case for
olinks pointing to the root element of a document, so that it does *not*
output the docname which repeats the olink title text.  I recently checked
into CVS a fix for this problem (in common/olink.xsl).  It will be in the
next release, which should be coming out soon.

In the meantime, you can use an undocumented feature.  There is a
"nodocname" key word that you can use in the "select:" xrefstyle.  It has
the effect of turning off the docname that would normally appear. So try
this:

<olink xrefstyle="select: title nodocname" ...

This will be documented in the next edition of my book.

DocBook Consulting