Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] olink styling

Let's see, you wanted xrefs to sections to have page refs, but not xrefs to
other elements, right?  As you found, putting the "on page %p" in the
gentext template for section also gets it into olinks.  Instead, I would
recommend that you remove the page reference from the gentext template, and
handle the xrefs with a customization.

If you look in fo/xref.xsl, you will find that in the match="xref" template:

      <xsl:apply-templates select="$target" mode="page.citation">

By default, there is one match="*"  template in that mode, and it generates
the page ref using the 'page.citation' gentext. But since this is a mode,
you can add empty templates for other target elements to turn off the page
ref for just those elements:

<xsl:apply-templates select="chapter|appendix" mode="page.citation"/>

DocBook Consulting

From: "Andreas Lalloo" <andreas.lalloo@appmind.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 5:48 AM

Excellent, thank you Bob! I've checked in rev 1.5 of common/olink.xsl to our
local CVS repo until the next release is out. Works like a charm.

Regarding my other problem (that olinks to sections in other documents gets
an "on page" suffix), i've understood as much as the modification affects my
olink .db database - the xreftext entry in that file looks something like

        <xreftext>Section "<fo:inline
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"; font-style="italic">AppMind
MX(tm) Management Information Repository</fo:inline>" on page
<fo:page-number-citation xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
ref-id="seref_ug_mib_architecture"/></xreftext>

So I guess my approach of modifying the gentext for sections is not the way
to go:
      <l:context name="xref">
<!-- Express section references (gentext) as Section "blahblah" -->
        <l:template name="section" text="Section&#160;&#x22;%t&#x22; on page
%p"/>
      </l:context>

One thought then is to use some kind of profiling which disables the gentext
modification for the collect.xref.targets pass through the documents, phew.
Any better ideas, anyone? Does more people have the same problem in this
case, too?

  Best regards
   Andreas