Subject: Empty Docbook Index

I am trying to add an index to my docbook document using the <index> and
<indexterm> tags.  Although I have succeeded in adding the "Index" link
(HTML output) and the index page, the index page contains no index terms
(blank).  Why don't my <indexterm> items show up in the index page?

At the end of my document, I have:
	<index role="functions" id="function-index"><title>Function
Index</title></index>

In several places within my document, I have added lines such as:

The index page gets generated with the proper title (Function Index), but
does not contain any index term items.

Jay
jay@systech.com