Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] new user and issue with 'article'

On 7/28/05, Chip Wiegand <chip.wiegand@simrad.com> wrote:

> When I use this DTD -
>
> <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">
>
> it validates with no errors. Should I just continue to use this older
> version DTD or what is the fix for my problems above?

Suggestions:

1) use a good validating XML editor. I use emacs nxml mode and oXygen
(and tend to prefer RELAX NG schemas over DTDs).  You're banging your
head against the wall without one.

2)  you probably want to use v4.4 if you're new to this.  v5 is not
even in alpha, and introduces significant changes (like DB is now
namespaced).

Bruce