Subject: boxing words

Hi, hope this is the right list.

I'm new to docbook and its syntax, and I'm trying to replicate an existing look.
This has keyboard input set in fixed-width text but surrounded by a box.
I'm currently using <keycap>F1</keycap> within the docbook, but I'm unsure how to do the border.

I can get the html versions of this to work ok, using a CSS style, and attaching it to the appropriate <span> construct. I've no idea how to do the same in PDF/FO though.

I use the following CSS in HTML, and am looking to try and get something close in PDF.
{
    font-weight: normal;
    font-variant: small-caps;
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 1px;
    border-color: black;
    color: black;
}

Along similar lines, I'd like to be able to get <application> text rendered in green - which I imagine is a similar set of steps.

Any hints? Thanks,
Julian.