Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] profile chunking

Mauritz Jeanson wrote:

> To skip all sections that don't have an os attribute, create a profiling
> customization layer with an empty template:
>
> <xsl:template match="section[not(@os)]">
> </xsl:template>

This can break things like numbering and ToC. The better way is to strip
section during profiling before document processing:

<xsl:template match="section[not(@os)]" mode="profile"/>

However I think that Sarah wrongly designed placing of profiling
attributes. Request for stripping unmarked (without condition attribute)
elements very often means that there is something wrong. Consider:

<section os="Linux">
<title>LILO</title>
</section>

I think that <title> with LILO should be processed when generating
documentation for Linux. But what is the difference from

<section>
<title>Notepad</title>
</section>

This section probably shouldn't go to Linux documentation. But why
section and title elements should be processed in a different way? Once
you will start use different profiling logic for different elements you
will end with messed up documents after some time.

					Jirka

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature