Subject: customisation layer hierarchy

Hi,

I think I've managed to confuse myself with the hierarchy of xsl customisation
layers.  I have been successfully creating documents with this xsl
(newstart_fo_custom_layer.xsl):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">

  <xsl:import
href="../single-source/docbook-xsl-1.68.1/fo/profile-docbook.xsl"/>
  <xsl:include href="../single-source/itr_custom_layer.xsl"/>
  <xsl:include href="../single-source/itr_fo_custom_layer.xsl"/>
  <xsl:include href="newstart_custom_layer.xsl"/>

</xsl:stylesheet>

where:
 - itr_custom_layer.xsl holds all department generic customisations
 - itr_fo_custom_layer.xsl holds all the department fo specific customisations
 - newstart_custom_layer.xsl holds document specific customisations

The problem I have is my documents use
<xsl:param name="body.start.indent" select="'5.9cm'"/>, which is in the
itr_fo_custom_layer.xsl file.  I am now starting to find that some(very few)
document will need to use <xsl:param name="body.start.indent"
select="'2.0cm'"/>, which I thought could be placed in
newstart_custom_layer.xsl.  This doesn't work, giving me the error "Duplicate
global variable declaration".

Have I made an incorrect assumption about the load hierarchy of parameters or
should this work if I make a change somewhere?

Thanks for your help

Geoff