Subject: ANNOUNCE: DocBook Training

Please excuse the commercial announcement, but I thought some people
might be interested in this training session I'm giving in September.
If you have questions, please contact Viki Maki (contact info below)
as I'll be out of electronic range for the next week.

Single Sourcing with DocBook
A One-Day, Hands-on Training for Managers, Technical
Communicators, and Other Technical Staff

Presented by Bitzone LLC and Sagehill Enterprises
Led by Bob Stayton, author of "DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide"

Session Dates:

September 22, 2005
 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  -  or -
September 24, 2005
 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Session Cost:

$299.00 for the day. Cost includes lunch and a copy of
"DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide."

Location:

The training is held in a computer lab at the UC Santa Cruz
Extension facility in Cupertino:
10420 Bubb Road
Cupertino, CA 95014

Training Content:

This training emphasizes hands-on DocBook.
Using lecture, discussion, and in-class exercises
running actual DocBook examples, this training will provide
you with a practical understanding of DocBook. The training
also includes a case study showing the potential ROI (return
on investment) for implementing DocBook in a technical
publications department.

You will leave with a clear introductory understanding of
installing and running DocBook and the tools to decide whether
a DocBook solution is right for your organization.

Topics Covered:

--Overview of DocBook
--The DocBook tool chain
--Introduction to XSL stylesheets
--Creating valid XML markup using free or commercial XML editing tools
--Downloading and setting up publishing tools and stylesheets
for a standalone system or a shared work environment
--Advantages and disadvantages of implementing DocBook
--Making the business case for DocBook in your organization
--Using options and stylesheet parameters to adjust the output to your needs
--Using advanced features
--Recommended references

Registration:

To register, complete the Single Sourcing with DocBook registration
form available as a PDF from:
http://www.sagehill.net or http://www.bitzone.com/training.html

Space is limited. Please register early. Registration closes
September 14, 2005. Payment must be received by September 15
to ensure a space in the training.

For more information, email Viki Maki at vmaki@bitzone.com or
call the Bitzone office at 510-234-4046.

DocBook Consulting