Subject: Technical Writer contract position (San Francisco, CA)

I apologize in advance if this is inappropriate to post this particular position, but we are looking specifically for technical writers with docbook experience.

Technical Writer Contractor - San Francisco, CA

Coverity is seeking an experienced, highly motivated technical writer to evaluate our existing documentation for reorganization, editing, rewriting and augmentation.  The documentation writer will be responsible for working with the developers and product manager to create and refine our documentation so that it is clear, organized and highly usable.  The documentation will be used for PDF, online and context sensitive help.  Coverity’s customers are typically developers of C/C++ programs.  Initial project will likely be 2-3 months, full-time or near full-time.  Follow on projects are planned.

Requirements:

  • 3+ years of documentation writing for technical products
  • Familiarity of C/C++, software development processes a plus
  • Excellent written and oral communication skills.
  • Ability to work with development team in fast-paced environment
  • Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner
  • Diagramming skills a plus
  • Experience with docbooks a requirement

Education

  • BS in technical writing or technical field

Please contact Coverity at jobs@coverity.com.

Thank you.

Andrew Yang

Coverity