Subject: Re[2]: [docbook-apps] FYI: DocBook element lookup form

||*()*||    [\..konnichi wa, ogenki desu ka, Cheryl../]

CC> Well, yeah, that seems to be working source, but can you show us how
CC> you added the ajax magic? Very nice ; )

I'm afraid that if I'll try to show this I'll end up with slightly
obscure version of these great articles: =)
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/remote-scripting-ajax
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/08/19/ajax.html

The main points are:
1/ AJAX is just a name for standard mix of PHP, HTML and Javascript with
new non-standard (at least it was some time ago) component -
XMLHttpRequest(). This component allows do POST/GET requests from
Javascript without reloading the page. These are requests browser
sends to web-server to fetch ordinary pages, so nothing special about
it. The only feature is that this time javascript can do requests
idependent of user clicks.
2/ DHTML is a name for mix of HTML and Javascript which allows
modification of HTML contents on the fly without page reload and
hence display results of the above requests.
3/ PHP just an orinary script which serves GET requests - nothing
special about it here.

Separate parts of this technology are well-described on the pages
above. In my sources you just can see how it works and once you've
get an idea modify them for you needs. AJAX is mostly Javascript
programming than anything else.