Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] olinks to chapters in same book not working

Hello Bob,

Thanks for suggesting the latest snapshot XSL build and including the link for the mailing list signup form.  I'm all signed up.

I tried the latest XSL that you sent and although the page numbers are showing I had a few problems below.  In all cases I replaced the olink text with my own (so I was not using autogenerated text).  I also have a few customisations so I will try to make a simpler customization layer and try again.

1) when insert.xref.page.number is 1 the page numbers show but they are running into the text following the olink.  There is more space after the olink text than in docbook-xsl-1.69.0 but it is not enough, like it was meant for almost one digit.

2) the page numbers are colored as I configured but there are no clickable links around the page numbers.  Instead, it seems that the clickable link is not sized correctly and is instead a little rectangle after some of the text.

3) the clickable links are good at the top of the page but as zou go down the page the links are moving higher and higher. By the bottom of the page, any olinks there have their linkable boxes a full line above the olink text.  Actually, with my  docbook-xsl-1.69.0 the space was twice as wrong (moving up two lines by the end).  NOTE - with a test document of no wrapped lines all of the hot olinks were lined up perfectly, maybe something with wrapped lines.

4) in both cases, (snapshot and 1.69.0) the beginning part of a hyphenated word is not linked but the second part on the next line is.

So, it works better but there still seems to be some issues.

Sincerely,
Shawn Giese