Subject: Shared text entities

Hi all,

I am currently drafting the technical specifications for a new XML
content management system that takes advantage of xinclude possibilities.

This system must make available to all modules shared text entities. The
common XML entities file is problematic because it is not XML and thus
makes those files impossible to consider as other XML modules in the
repository, to benefit from specific features such as fine grain
revision handling notably.

So I thought of using the xinclude plus xpointer mechanism in order to
pick the "entities" in a real XML file instead. The problem is that the
xinclude syntax is quite verbose, so replacing &docbook; with
<xi:include href="entities.xml xpointer="docbook"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; /> makes the XML code
significantly harder to read.

So I am interested in any experience in this area.
If you have another idea than xinclude, I'll be happy to hear it as well.

Camille.
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Camille B=C3=A9gnis
n;quoted-printable:B=C3=A9gnis;Camille
org:NeoDoc
adr:Domaine du petit Arbois BP 88;;CEEI;Aix en Povence Cedex 4;;13545;France
email;internet:camille@neodoc.biz
tel;work:+33.4.42.22.62.35
tel;cell:+33.6.33.15.10.23
x-mozilla-html:FALSE