Subject: table headers

I need to create a docbook table with a structure similar to this:

    <th></th>
    <th></th>

ie. I ned to be able to have multiple thead sections. When I try this, the style sheets seem to put both theads at the top of the table (which I gess makes sence). How could I create a table with multiple table headers at varying positions in the table?

thanks in advance
tom

--
Tom Kirkpatrick