Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] table headers

Neil Roeth <neil@occamsrazor.net> wrote on 10/10/2005 23:57:09:

> Will a tgroup do what you want? Each tgroup can have a thead and tfoot.

No, multiple tgroups do not quite achieve the same effect. Each tgroup renders as a whole new table - so you just end up with multiple stacked tables. It also doesnt cater for the time when I need to say:

Really, I need to be able to specify a single cell to be a header cell, regardless of where it appears in the table. Is this possible, or must I fake it with a <emphasis role="bold"> or something similar? If so, what would be the best method - one that will render in both XHTML and PDF?