Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] default.table.width parameter - specifying a percentage

Thanks Bob.

The .fo file's width attribute for the <fo:table> was "100" - the
percent sign was being stripped.  Turns out the percent sign was being
stripped by MS - apparently in .bat files, MS requires a percent sign to
be escaped w/another percent sign (MS KB article -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q75634&;).

So, the following .bat syntax worked:

java  com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -o demo.fo  demo.xml
docbook-xsl-1.69.1/fo/docbook.xsl  axf.extensions=1
default.table.width="100%%"

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 3:22 PM
To: George Szabo; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] default.table.width parameter - specifying a
percentage

Hi George,

What XSL-FO processor are you using?  It seems to work for me with XEP.

Can you peek inside the fo output and see if there is a width attribute
on
the fo:table?

You might want to take a look at the template named 'table.width' in
fo/table.xsl.  It determines what that width attribute should have.  The
default.table.width is used only if there is no table width PI, and if
at
least one of the table columns does not have an explicit width.  If all
of
the columns have an explicit width with units, then the default is not
used.

DocBook Consulting