Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Customising Title Pages Tutorial?

Hi Paul,
Customizing titlepages is not that hard as it seems. I try to explanin
how I did it.

Are you familiar with the concept of XSL customization layers? If not,
try to get an overview on that topic.
To customize a titlepage you should build up such a customization layer,
e.g. by lets say defining a custom.xsl file (e.g. in cstm_xsl/html).
Custom.xsl might look like this:
<stylesheet ...
<xsl:import href="../docbook-xsl/html/docbook.xsl"/>

1) Add <xsl:include href="cstm_titlepages.xsl"/> to your customization
layer. As you will see cstm_titlepages.xsl is the file we will generate
later on.
2) Copy titlepage.templates.xml in XSL distribution to your
cstm_xsl/html dir. Name it e.g. cstm_titlepage.templates.xml.
3) Perform your changes in the cstm_titlepage.templates.xml file, e.g.
<!--<copyright/>-->.
4) Then call

xsltproc -output cstm_titlepages.xsl
../../docbook-xsl/template/titlepage.xsl cstm_titlepage.templates.xml

That sould result into a file called cstm_titlepages.xsl (the one we
included in step 1)) which keeps xsl templates with the changes you made
in the xml templates file. Be sure to call xsltproc from your
cstm_xsl/html directory. Otherwise the output might be placed in
anywhere (e.g. your home dir).
5) From now on you should call cstm_xsl/html/custom for DB2HTML
transformation instead of docbook-xsl/html/docbook.xsl.

Hope this works for you.
Cheers.
Ludger