Subject: towards smaller XSL-FO page-sequences (due to limitations in FOP)

I'm searching for a way to reduce the size of <fo:page-sequence> blocks
to create XSL-FO that FOP can successfully paginate & render.

After transformation, the XML I'm marking up has 27000++ lines between
the beginning "<fo:page-sequence>" and ending "</fo:page-sequence>",
which causes problems for FOP.

To my mind, what's needed is a way to break up that giant page-sequence
into N sections of page-sequences that are more palatable to FOP.

Is there a viable solution in XSL-FO, or should I find ways to make the
chapter sizes smaller?

-cgw-

--
christopher williams              coffee achiever
cgw@pobox.com                     nana korobi, yo oki