Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Small questions about what tools to use

Javier Farreres wrote:

> -in a first stage we plan to remove the JadeTex tool and absorb its
> functionality into OpenJade, generating plain TeX directly from
> OpenJade. This way, people who know TeX can edit the result and adapt to
> their needs. Right now OpenJade generates TeX templates, and they are
> not editable.

Getting rid of JadeTeX would be really great. Have you considered
generating ConTeXt instead of plainTeX? It could be easier because
ConTeXt already provides some higher level constructs for generating
various page layouts.

> I hope I explained correctly.

Javier, many thanks for explanations. May be there will be time for
refreshing my DSSSL knowledge shortly :-)

					Jirka

Nejbližší termíny školení: XML schémata (včetně RELAX NG) 7.-9.11.
          *** DocBook 5.-7.12. *** XSL-FO 19.-20.12. ***

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature