Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Printing rendering of sidebars

[No doubt the problem has been solved by now---I'm a few weeks behind
in reading this list.]

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 11:30:55AM +0200, ?ric Jacoboni wrote:

> When printing (i'm using XEP), sidebars doesn't appear as i would
> like. In fact, i'm using them exclusively with the following form to
> grey sample codes backgrounds and draw a border around them:
>
> <sidebar>
>   <programlisting>
>      ... sample code
>   </programlisting>
> </sidebar>
>
> When rendering, i find that there is too much padding before the
> first line of the programlisting code : a simple inter-line would
> fit my tastes...

As soon as you start a 'programlisting' element, whitespace becomes
significant.  So what you're seeing is probably the first carriage
return after the start tag and before your actual code.  Just delete
extraneous carriage returns:

<programlisting>... sample code</programlisting>

--
Paul.

w  http://logicsquad.net/
h  http://paul.hoadley.name/