Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Wanted: To hire a DocBook consultant or LaTeX macro developer

Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus.lists@gmail.com> writes:

[...]
> What you may end up needing is skills in both XSLT and in LaTeX or
> ConTeXt macro writiing.  E.g. convert the DocBook source to TeX, and
> then do some formatting magic on that end to get the desired result.
> There's been talk about this sort of thing on the ConTeXt list over
> the past few months, and ConTeXt also has a built-in FO processor.
> I've not used it much, but I think Mike Smith has some experience with
> it.

I tried it out maybe 6 months or so ago and found at the time that
though it worked OK for some documents, there were show-stopper
some problems with others.

Anyway, Hans Hagen seems to have pretty much suspended development
on it. So I wouldn't expect the problems to be fixed any time soon.

And from my experience, the big limitation in dealing with ConTeXt
is that, despite its power and all its advantages over LaTeX, it
is largely undocumented. That can make working with it a very
time-consuming and frustrating experience.

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith
http://sideshowbarker.net/