Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] FOP 0.90alpha1

Holger,

I never tested the patch with the Saxon 8.x series, since AFAIK the
DocBook stylesheets does not work with work with a XSLT 2.0
processor. My patch is very simple (covers the bookmarks), and I
expect it to be almost identical to the patch created by Mauritz. I
did check for other issues, but most of my comments are in a form, such
as "I think this work" or "I dont know how to fix this".

I used to have tons of patches (in pre FOP 0.20.5 day) both to the
DocBook stylesheets and also a stylesheet which modified the generated
fo code. The number of patches have decreased significantly after
changes in the DocBook Stylesheets and after the release of the 0.20.5
version of FOP.

I expect we will be able to create similar patches for FOP 0.90alpha1
to make FOP work in almost all areas.  And as FOP evolves, I expect we
should be able to get rid most of these patches.

Regards

Jens

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Mauritz Jeanson wrote:

> [...]

Regards,

Jens

Jens Stavnstrup                            Phone :
Danish Defence Research Establishment         Voice : + 45 - 39 15 17 97
Ryvangs Alle 1 - P.O. Box 2715                Fax   : + 45 - 39 29 15 33
DK - 2100 Copenhagen O.                    E-Mail (Internet) :
Denmark                                       js@ddre.dk
                                           Jabber/XMPP:
                                              stavnstrup@jabber.org