Subject: "chunk.xsl" vs "chunkfast.xsl"

I replaced "chunk.xsl" with "chunkfast.xsl" in my customization layer
(also named "chunk.xsl"), and I see almost no speed improvement:

before:

Parsing stylesheet chunk.xsl took 26 ms
Parsing document impnotes.xml took 3278 ms
Writing tdb-chunk.xml for book(impnotes-top)
Applying stylesheet took 432707 ms
Saving result took 0 ms

Parsing stylesheet chunk.xsl took 22 ms
Parsing document impnotes.xml took 3360 ms
Writing 200+ chunks....
Running stylesheet and saving result took 1147713 ms

after:

Parsing stylesheet chunk.xsl took 9 ms
Parsing document impnotes.xml took 3236 ms
Computing chunks...
Writing tdb-chunk.xml for book(impnotes-top)
Applying stylesheet took 446446 ms
Saving result took 0 ms

Parsing stylesheet chunk.xsl took 11 ms
Parsing document impnotes.xml took 3847 ms
Computing chunks...
Writing 200+ chunks....
Running stylesheet and saving result took 1084251 ms

(using xsltproc)
http://ffii.org/ http://www.camera.org http://www.palestinefacts.org/
http://www.memri.org/ http://www.savegushkatif.org http://www.iris.org.il
Experience always comes right after it would have been useful.