Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] XML editor with a quesiton about the WordML style sheets

Hello Steve,

It's been a while since I asked about this on the DocBook list. I have
attempted to start testing WordML to DocBook conversions and I have
downloaded some of your snapshot files from CVS.

I'm having a some trouble getting started and I was hoping you had time
to answer some questions about this. Here goes.
First, do I need all of the files in the snapshot build to perform a
transformation (are there libraries. In your read me it states "
wordml-*.xsl form a chain of XSL stylesheets to convert WordML into
DocBook." Is successful conversion an n-step process, if yes what is the
order?

Do I need to create a word template.dot that is conformant to the DB/WML
table in your specificatoions - e.g. does the booktitle style have to be
level 1 in a Microsoft outline?

What would be a good workflow for converting then? Could I:
Save a .doc file to .xml (WordML)
Use the template.doc to convert the existing styles to styles recognized
by your stylesheet
Run n transformations to convert the wordml doc to DocBook (using Xalan)
Render the DocBook to n formats?

When I tried to convert the first time I received an error "Could not
find variable with the name of parent" What could this be?

Any and all help is really appreciated.

Regards,

Scott Speights
O3SIS IT AG