Subject: 2 Titlepage in FO questions

Hello,

I have two questions regarding a custom titlepage in FO:
Question the first)
I have a customization layer and have created a template and generated it to
a stylesheet using template/titlepage.xsl but and have put in the things I
want on my titlepage.
However, I have an image and I'd like to either:
a) put it at the bottom of the page
b) separate it from the title (which is above it) with a margin

I've tried putting a margin-top on the block but it doesn't work.
margin-left does work... so I'm not sure what's going wrong.

Question the second)
I realize that on a book you can have verso and recto content. What if I
want a single-sided titlepage? I've made my verso element empty, but that
just makes a blank page after the recto page. Is there any way to get rid of
this? I've set double.sided to 0 but it still doesn't do anything.

Thanks,
Andrew