Subject: Re: [docbook] Cross-linking to a range

Alexander Johannesen wrote:

> I don't see how that address my question. I specifically said that
> creating two seperate ones leaves out the 'inbetween' references which
> I want to include in the cross-link, and hence by that I lose the
> point of my inquiry. My question is if it is possible to create
> cross-links to *a* range, not individual items in that range.

And how do you want to be this range presented to the user?

> For example, something akin to ; <xref linkstart="chap1"  linkend="chap3" />

As you discovered earlier, there is no such markup in DocBook V4. In
DocBook V5 you can use XLink and combine it with XPointer to capture
range. But there are no tools that support this:

<xref xlink:href="#xpointer(id('chap1')/range-to(id('chap3')))"/>

>>In future, please post tools related questions to
>>docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
>
> Don't understand how this is tools related?

I got impression that you already know that there is no way how to
markup this in DocBook, and you are looking for ways how to come around
this limitation.

                    Nejbližší termíny školení:
      ** XSLT 13.-16.3.2006 ** XML schémata 24.-26.4.2006 **
        ** DocBook 15.-17.5.2006 ** XSL-FO 12.-13.6.2006 **

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature