Subject: Re: Roundtripping DocBook to/from Word

Hi Steve,

I have been looking forward to try-out you DocBook/WML, but just
discovered you do not support Chapter/Appendix although you do support the
Book element. I will have to see if I can write these templates.

N.B. According to http://www.explain.com.au/oss/docbook/supported.html,
both chapter and appendix are supported

By default you param.xsl set the wordml.template to

  <xsl:param name="wordml.template" select=""/>

If you want to define the empty string, you should properly use

  <xsl:param name="wordml.template" select="''"/>

instead, otherwise e.g. Saxon dies.

It was not immediately obvious, what value to use here, but it must be the
following value, I should use

  <xsl:param name="wordml.template" select="'template.xml'"/>

Some of my documents contains XML processing instruction, which I would
like to keep even if I transform them from DocBook to Word and back again.
Is the a Word ML (cover it all element), just like the \special macro in TeX

Most documents contains graphics in one form or another. Word will not for
a forseable future (if ever) support my SVG figures, but I will properly
have to enclose a kind of BASE64 raster versions of my images. Will that
be possible with an implementation of a imagedata template, and will I be
able to "reverse" my BASE64 spec/or reference to a raster image back to a
reference to my svg file ?

Should the files specification.xml and supported.xml located in wordml/
not be moved to docsrc/ and included in the document generation process ?

Regards,

Jens