Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Formatting the index entry links

1. With XEP, this is fairly easy.

Turn on xep.extensions and add attributes to the xep.index.item.properties
attribute-set in your customization file, for example:

  <xsl:attribute-set name="xep.index.item.properties">
    <xsl:attribute name="color">red</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:attribute-set>

2. If you don't use XEP, the customization is a little more complicated. You
can do it by customizing these templates in autoidx.xsl:

  match="indexterm" mode="index-primary"
  match="indexterm" mode="index-secondary"
  match="indexterm" mode="index-tertiary"

Look for <xsl:copy-of select="$page-number-citations"/> in these templates
and add formatting, like this:

  <fo:inline color="red">
     <xsl:copy-of select="$page-number-citations"/>
  </fo:inline>

In addition, the entity declarations in autoidx.xsl must be copied to the
customization file.

With FOP 0.20.5, I did not get clickable page numbers, but this works with
FOP 0.90alpha1.

/MJ