Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Profiling and validation

I would consider that a bug.  The profile.xsl stylesheet has this output
element:

<xsl:output method="xml"
            doctype-public="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"

doctype-system="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"/>

Since the DTD versions are forward compatible, I don't see why that should
not be updated to 4.5.

As it is, you should create a small customization layer that imports the
profile.xsl stylesheet and sets your own xsl:output element to the DTD
version you want.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Zbyszek Cybulski" <z.cybulski@gmail.com>
To: "DocBook Apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:51 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Profiling and validation

Hello all,

I am trying to use the DocBook profiling feature with success. It is
nice, but...

I use DocBook DTD 4.4, XSL 1.69.1, Saxon 6.5.4, all under Oxygen 6.2/Windows

My sources contain Xincludes, olinks, and xrefs, so I have to use the
two-pass approach to get the output. When I generate the profiled XML,
the DTD version in the resulting file is 4.2, and the file does not
validate.
Is it a bug or I screwed up the file processing?

Regards,

-Zbyszek