Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook in Education

Greetings,

In my experience DocBook has been perfect for educational purposes.

At Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:31:39 +0100, Thomas, Ludger wrote:

> Who else is interested in using Docbook for educational purposes e.g.,
> for producing e-Learning content, training media, slides? I would be

For years I've used DocBook to make texts for university classes.
Output is PDF for print and HTML (split by chapter) for the Web.
All materials are available on our university LAN.

I maintain texts and stylesheets with CVS, and each text has its own
Unix directory with a Makefile for easy project management.  Common
XSL and CSS stylesheets are shared by projects.  I usually edit
DocBook with nxml-mode in GNU Emacs.  I've looked at other ways of
making texts, but I've been very satisfied with DocBook.  My system
probably is a bit primitive, but it has worked well for many years.

Greg Peterson <peterson@notredame.ac.jp>
Kyoto Notre Dame University