Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Customizing Figure Titles (now page number prefixes)

Hi David,
The DocBook stylesheets don't have an built-in option to do chapter-page
numbering style, so you must be using a customization to achieve it.  You'll
have to do more customization it seems.  8^)

Antenna House's XSL Formatter has an extension axf:page-number-prefix that
helps if you are using that formatter.  Otherwise you have to handle all
page numbers and references with the customization.

This wiki page is a good start:

http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/PageNumberPrefixes

but it is a bit out of date.  The parts about customizing elements to
restart the page numbering are no longer needed.  Later versions of the
stylesheet have a template named 'initial.page.number' in fo/pagesetup.xsl
that is called at the beginning of each page sequence.  That will let you
restart page numbering as needed, but it won't add the prefix.  To add the
prefix, you have to customize the footer/header content that displays the
page number.  Then you have customize each use of fo:page-citation to add
the prefix.  That would include TOCs, index, and xrefs.

For xrefs, you need to customize the template named page.citation in
fo/xref.xsl.  That is where the prefix would be added for references.

BTW, for future reference, if you ask a new question, it helps readers of
the list archives if you start a new thread with a new subject line.  8^)

DocBook Consulting