Subject: Re: Printing formatted text with XSLT (solution)

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 01:52:45AM -0800,
 Alan Gibson <alan.gibson@gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 195 lines which said:

> It seems that printing well formatted text with XSL is a perennial
> problem. So for the record, here is a solution Ive been using to
> print docbooks (but should work for just about anything).

Thank you very much, it allowed me to suppress fmt from my processing
pipeline and to have a purely XSLT solution (even for non-Docbook
files).

> This stylesheet does left margin padding, width limitation, and
> stops strings from breaking in midline due to existing newlines.

Just a warning for the users: this stylesheet does indeed padding and
wrapping but does not solve all the tricky problems of producing text
from Docbook (<para><programlisting> for instance, require special
treatment).