Subject: Re: why does qandaset suck so badly?

Hello there!
I'm experiencing the same problems, namely quandaset exhibiting some fop
bug. It seems to happen on quandasets with several entries. Where should
I report the error?

BUG description
1) create a docbook file with lots of qandaentry in the same
qandaset/qandadiv
2) run the ant xslt task to generate fo output, then run the fop task.
3) usual output :
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: file:/home/me/Manual.pdf.fo:8367:262
The id "N156DD" already exists in this document

And forcing unique ids into every single tag of the docbook xml does not
change the problem. The id which fop tries to regenerate is used in
   <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()" id="N156DD">

Bob Stayton wrote:
---------------
First I'll ask the obvious question: did you cut and paste a quandaentry
which already had an id attribute, thereby creating a duplicate id in your
document?

If not, then you might peek in the fo file to see where the id="N1000F"
occurs, as that might provide some clues as to what is going on.  If there
is only one such id value, then FOP is exhibiting a bug.  If there are two,
then the stylesheet is doing something odd.

DocBook Consulting

Igor Rosenberg
Research engineer, OASIS project, INRIA
http://www-sop.inria.fr/oasis/personnel/Igor.Rosenberg/