Subject: Antenna House bug and Indexes

Hello,

When using AntennaHouse with axf extensions enabled, I was getting strange
behavior on the first line of paragraphs that followed a <title> and
contained an <indexterm> near their beginnings.

For example, instead of:

Foo The Bar
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

I was getting:

Foo The Bar
The quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dog. The quck brown fox

So the first line of the paragraph after a <title>, if it contains an
<indexterm>, breaks well before it should.

Disabling axf extensions alleviated the problem, but of course then I lost
my PDF bookmarks.

I looked at fo/index.xsl, and noticed the variable "wrapper.name" in the
"indexterm" template, along with the comment about it being a workaround for
a bug in AntennaHouse. And indeed, when I disable the axf extensions, then
my index has no page numbers (well, all 0), so I assume that's the bug
referred to.

So on the one hand, if I enable the extensions, I get a correct index, but
weird line breaks after titles, and if I disable the extensions, then I get
OK line breaks, but a bum index.

As an experiment, I changed the value of $wrapper.name to "fo:inline", and
that appears to solve both issues -- there's no weird line breaks, and I get
correct index page numbers. Is there anything problematic with this approach
that I'm not aware of? (I'm fairly new to FO.) If it's a reasonable
approach, then I hope it helps others who might be having the same problem.
If not, please let me know so I can fix my stylesheets accordingly.

Thanks,
Andrew Savikas
O'Reilly Media, Inc.