Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Question about 3 column Index formatting

Hiya Bob,

That's exactly what was needed!

Feedback was much appreciated, Thanks

David White

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 4:14 PM
To: David White; 'Dick Hamilton'; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

OK, now I get it.  The problem you are having is that the column.count.index
parameter is used in a fo:page-master, which means it is used only when the
index is in its own fo:page-sequence.  Only an index in a book or part
element start their own page-sequence.

As you found, you can't flow text into three columns of a table.
However, you are using Antenna House, so you can use the Antenna House
extension axf:column-count property in a block container:

<fo:block-container axf:column-count="3">

Put the index in the block-container and it should flow into three columns.

DocBook Consulting