Subject: DocBook, XALAN and dbtimestamp PI function

Hi,
on this threads
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200409/msg00134.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200409/msg00141.html

I found that there are problems to use something like
<?dbtimestamp format="Y-m-d H:M:S"?>
with XALAN.

This line also generates a problem with "exsl:node-set" :
"Timestamp processing requires an XSLT processor with support for the EXSLT node-set() function."

Probably because XALAN returns "true" testing function-available('exsl:nodeSet') and "false" testing function-available('exsl:node-set)

But adding this check doesn't seem work well and I get the following exception:

.../docbook-xsl-1.69.1/common/pi.xsl; Riga #113; Colonna #95; Errore XSLT (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException): org.apache.xpath.objects.XBooleanStatic
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.xpath.objects.XBooleanStatic
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.doExit(Process.java:1153)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:1126)

So, is it possible to use <?dbtimestamp format="Y-m-d H:M:S"?> with Xalan ? Do I wrong something ?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea.