Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XSLT based DocBook to RTF conversion?

Doug,

Whenever someone has asked me about DocBook->RTF (or any other XML-
 >RTF) conversion, the purpose has always been to create a version of
the document that is editable by Word.  Since converting to WordML
achieves that aim, and is far easier than creating RTF, the need to
convert to RTF has pretty much gone by-the-by.

There is the issue of supporting older versions of Word, but it turns
out to be a simple matter to use a small VB script to open the WordML
in Office 2003 and then use the "Save As" function to produce a .doc
file.

HTHs,
Steve Ball

---

Steve Ball            |   XSLT Standard Library   | Training & Seminars
Explain         |     Web Tcl Complete      |   XML XSL Schemas
http://www.explain.com.au/ |      TclXML TclDOM        | Tcl, Web
Development
Steve.Ball@explain.com.au  +---------------------------
Ph. +61 2 6242 4099   |   Mobile (0413) 594 462   | Fax +61 2 6242 4099