Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FW: [[1454121] Path dirs repeated twice in imagedata urls]

Yes, I've seen this problem before.  It usually happens when the
xml:base attributes added by the XInclude processor are not
correct.  That is, the xml:base attributes should be taken as
relative to the containing element.  But XInclude processors seem
to have a problem always getting them correct for all
combinations of directory layouts and nested XIncludes.  I
personally reported two instances of such problems in libxml2,
with the most recent bug being fixed last year.

This is best diagnosed by running an identity stylesheet using
the XInclude processor and examining the xml:base attributes that
it adds.  If you keep track of the contexts and the nesting, you
can usually figure out if the xml:base attributes are not
correct.

The other possibility is that the consolidation of xml:base
attributes done by the DocBook stylesheets has a bug.  But since
it worked for xsltproc, I suspect it is the Xerces XInclude
processor that has the bug.  If so, you may have to switch to two
step processing, using xmllint --xinclude to resolve the
XIncludes and then your regular process to apply the stylesheet.

DocBook Consulting