Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Question about DocBook, FOP, inlinegraphic and vertical align

Hi,
I don't understand the relation between the attribute
vertical-align="middle" and fo:external-graphic.

In
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice6.html#fo_external-graphic
this attribute doesn't seem to apply but here
http://www.ecrion.com/XF/TechnicalResources/XSL-FOTutorial/Graphics.xml.html
(Figure 3) produces the desired result.
Also FOP works with this attribute and produces the "expected result".

I have modified "graphics.xsl" in the following way

<xsl:if test="@vertical-align">
  <xsl:attribute name="vertical-align">
   <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="@valign = 'top'">top</xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="@valign = 'middle'">middle</xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="@valign = 'bottom'">bottom</xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>auto</xsl:otherwise>
   </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:if>

to accept that attribute.
- Does it make sense to update "graphics.xsl" ?
- Is it possible to insert this test in the docbook
"customization_layer" without modifying "graphics.xsl" ?
- Is there another (| better | standard) way to align vertically the
image respect to the inline - text ?

Thanks,
Andrea.