Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] adding author titlepage.mode xsl template to customization layer causes broken author div in xhtml

You need to add a default namespace declaration to an XHTML
customization layer.  See:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/OtherOutputForms.html#CustomizeXhtml

DocBook Consulting

From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris@chiasson.name>
To: "docbook-apps List" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:48 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] adding author titlepage.mode xsl template
to customization layer causes broken author div in xhtml

Hi DocBook-Apps,

Following

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ModifyElemTemplates.html#ModifyElemTemplates

I copied the author template to my customization layer. As soon
as I
used the layer to regenerate some documents (even without
modifying
that template), I noticed the h3 author heading wasn't applied
and
that the newline after the author name was ignored in the xhtml
version of the document. The html version still rendered
correctly. I
tracked this problem down to the stylesheets creating the author
div
with an xmlns="" attribute, but I do not know why this occurs.

I would like to eventually modify this template to show more
information, such as the author address, and to change the
display of
the author's name to a hyperlink anchor pointing to the author's
email
address.

Here is my prototype template for that, though it doesn't work in
the
customization layer due to the xhtml div's xmlns="" issue:

<xsl:template match="author" mode="titlepage.mode">
    <h3 class="{name(.)}">
      <a class="{name(.)}">
<xsl:attribute name="href">mailto:<xsl:value-of
select="./email"/></xsl:attribute>
<xsl:call-template name="person.name"/>
      </a>
    </h3>
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="titlepage.mode"
select="./contrib"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="titlepage.mode"
select="./affiliation"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="titlepage.mode"
select="./address"/>
</xsl:template>

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?

By the way, I think someone reported this issue a while back but
didn't recieve any responses:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200208/msg00266.html

Thank you,
--