Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] MathML and DocBook problems

Hi Justus,

Justus Piater wrote:

> This is exactly the long-term goal of my own baby (another shameless
> plug), see http://sourceforge.net/projects/pmml2svg/, a MathML-to-SVG
> converter written in XSLT. It is a functional proof of concept, but
> not a usable product yet. Contributors are welcome.

The temptation of having an all-XML workflow is really big, and
many yield to it - SVGMath also started as an XSLT stylesheet :-).
However, when it comes to extracting kerning data from font files,
or implementing an algorithm to find the minimum width layout of
a table, XSLT is not my tool of choice. I tried it but didn't succeed,
and defected to Python halfway. I wish you good luck.

Best regards,
Nikolai